As some of you may have noticed the Transformers brand is 30 years old this year. For 30 years we have seen the transforming robots from space on the toy shelves, the TV screen, the movie theaters, and the comic pages.
And seeing how we have a truly epic amount of Transformers toys by now (at least 5,000 plus according to the TFU database, still growing), it is a good time to cast your vote for your favorite toy.
THE TOP 30 TRANSFORMERS TOYS FROM 30 YEARS
- Every participant may send in a list of his or her 30 favorite Transformers toys, numbered 1 (best) through 30. If you don’t want to fill up all 30 positions, no problem. Every sheet containing at least 1 figure will be counted.
- Please vote only for toys that have actually been released under the “Transformers” brand by Hasbro, Kenner, or Takara(-Tomy). Votes for third party figures will not be counted.
- You can (if you want) add a comment to every figure in your list, explaining why this particular figure has your favor. Please keep it relatively short, though. No novels.
- We are talking about the toys. Of course it will be impossible in certain cases to cleanly separate the fascination of the character from the play value of the toy, but please try and focus mainly on the toy and not how much you like (or dislike) the character it portrays.
- Please be specific which toy you are talking about. Revenge of the Fallen Optimus Prime, for example, isn’t enough. ROTF Leader-class Optimus Prime (2009), on the other hand, is.
- ReIssues don’t count as separate figures. G1 Optimus Prime (1984) equals Encore Convoy (2007), for example. Repaints on the other hand, count separately.
- Deadline for sending in votes is April 30, 2014, 11:59 pm (Middle European Time). We will count the votes and publish the results in the first two weeks of May.
- Please keep it to one list of 30 votes per participant. Obviously we will not be able to verify whether different emails might be from the same person in all cases, so we’re counting on you to keep it honest.
The results will be tallied and weighted, meaning the final placement will depend on number of votes received (regardless of where you ranked them) and the average rank.
Please send your lists via email to:
If you have any questions or anything needs clarification, please post in the comments below.